Here at Mills Recruitment we are assisting a local council in the Perth metropolitan area, they have an opening for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join their Finance Team on an initial 3-month contract.
This role will provide direction and specialist procurement and contract advice relating to category management on the acquisition and disposal of goods and services. This position will ensure compliance with the Local Government Act, Department of Local Government and Competitive Policy with regards to procurement for the category managed by the position.
MAIN SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Highly developed understanding of Local Government relevant legislation and regulations associated with tendering, contracts and disposal of goods.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the organisation is essential.
- High level analytical and organisational skills including identification of problems, assessment of alternative solutions and development of recommendations.
- Be able to develop and analyse high risk and high value tenders with an eye towards reducing costs and mitigating commercial risks.
- Extensive experience in procurement, tendering and contract management.
- Relevant procurement qualifications or demonstrated experience contract management of contractors and suppliers.
- Current Police Clearance (within the preceding three months).
If you are looking for a new and challenging contract to start 2022 – then look no further! APPLY NOW or call Kate on 0478 644 025 for further information.
**Please note that only candidates with the relevant skills/experience will be contacted**